Donator

Flight Risk

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 27m 32s

• Previous username:
    pemis1

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: My suggestion is to add a drop table of rewards for people pking on a kill streak, in the same way you get a tier 1 emblem when on a kill streak you could get maybe noted anglers/a very rare chance at a pvp item etc

2ece4a25d2752ccfbb9cbac4f45321cc.png

Is this in OSRS?: No

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?: bring more active pkers into the wildy 

obddGsG.gif
Signature by - @Sunnilail98

Spoiler

Posted 13 June 2021 - 11:08 AM #2

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 19m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think adding the highest active killstreaks to the wilderness scoreboard would be a neat idea!

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 13 June 2021 - 03:20 PM #3

Flight Risk
Donator

Flight Risk

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 27m 32s

• Previous username:
    pemis1

• Total level:
    Awards

I think adding the highest active killstreaks to the wilderness scoreboard would be a neat idea!

ok thats great but what do you think about the suggestion I actually suggested

obddGsG.gif

Spoiler

Posted 13 June 2021 - 04:09 PM #4

Realmungard
Realism

Realmungard
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      91d 12h 28m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

If they want to add value to the killstreak. They need to higher the required risk to qualify as a kill streak.

Because atm the biggest part of Kill Streaks is gotten by killing People doing Mage Arena, Resource area, Revenants, pvming bosses and so on. (Low risk kills)

Archaic emblems already lvl fairly easy and already have decent value. (Alora is a 1 world server, when i did venenatis/revs it would legit be the same people stalking me.)

I feel as if the hunters have alot of advantages here on alora,(Bounty teleport works way better than osrs, Announced drops that announce your location and so on)

However:

Ending other peoples killstreak(10+ to avoid abuse) while holding a killstreak gives a 50% chance of receiving a tier 7. I would fully support. 

But atm, killstreaks are almost always farmed at either revs or camping larrans chest/bloody key, multi running to an announced skotizo etc

I feel for wildy to become more active, it has to become more attractive for the pvmers/casual wildy players like myself. (Which is nearly impossible to achieve on a rsps, cus of the limited clans)

Wilderness is like an eco system. People dont go wildy cus if 1 goes, you instantly get clanned. And if you go there without risk, you cant really survive/fight back. So people dont go wilderness. 

I know Kd tried to get a pet, and he legit got killed 4-5x/h by the same people. Its the same people that complain nobody goes wildy. Long story short, its a eco system where all hunters work together to get prey, which means there is too few prey, for too much hunters, hence it being rather dead. 

Biggest problem on alora is the killstreak in general, people use it as a measure of skill, while its more a measure of planning. Pkers all make friends with eachother cus they dont want to risk their streaks, and all truth be told, the clan atmosphere on alora, doesnt really allow for a healthy wilderness as, if you're not in a clan. You will legit get destroyed in wildy, wether it be by being tagged down or being speared into multi. And by being part of a clan, also limited your options to fight aswell. 

And thats just my opinion, Im not best pvper or anything, never claimed to be one, I can only speak for myself when I was doing revs, till a certain time I would get bothered by the same people. Once the pkers in my clan started to get online. Most of those with killstreak that bothered me, started doing midnight gardening and so on started doing cox/tob/avoid wilderness, cus they didnt want to risk their streak against a pker, they wanted to raise theirs vs pvmers.

Posted 13 June 2021 - 06:06 PM #5

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 19m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yautja, on 13 Jun 2021 - 2:20 PM, said:

ok thats great but what do you think about the suggestion I actually suggested

I think we should start slow. Get a public scoreboard for killstreaks. See how that goes first before we start giving out rare bonus loot.
As for your suggestion, perhaps we can have killstreaks factor into the bloody key drop rate.

Before revs, If you wanted a bloody key, you had to either receive them as a rare drop from killing players or slay some crystal dragons for ancient key + crystal blood.
24b602a0b6d9b170a57e5b69b6ed25ff.png

f1b546ed012beb9ca2a3059a36ae5ff6.png
9b97689c23730f42dfb99b3fba2251ba.png
SPOILER_73a980566699c24233d68bc2a96dfd44

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 14 June 2021 - 01:20 AM #6

Real cream
Realism

Real cream

• Time spent:
      17d 22h 58m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

'highest active killstreaks to the wilderness scoreboard'​ - How about 'show location' or 'have a direct teleport' option to these active pkers. Not use it as a trophy to how many skillers has one killed. @Real Alan

Anyways, I'll answer your suggestion, @Yautja, I supportAdditionally, might be worth to add, perhaps more chances of better loot in deep wild?

All Accounts

Spoiler

Achievements

Spoiler

Progress Topics

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:34 AM #7

jalapeno
Legendary Donator

jalapeno

• Time spent:
      26d 5h 22m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards
As @Realmungard mentioned, killstreaks are mostly gathered from pvmers, skillers, clue hunters etc. Adding rewards for this behaviour would only lead to more pkers farming non-riskers, drawing them away from the wilderness.

However, reworking the kill streak system would benefit both pkers and pvmers. Giving pkers a challenge/reward and pvmers/skillers a place to boss.

My idea is: Only count towards your killstreak if the one you kills risk is high/very high. Shutting down other people’s killstreak will land you a greater reward than just a bonus % of pkp.

Keep in mind that I’m not a pker nor wildy enthusiast, but updating/reworking the killstreak system is needed to make pking other pkers more tempting than slaying low risk pvmers.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

B2B

unknown.png

unknown.png

AmTqwRv.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

sisterfuckers.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:58 AM #8

Flight Risk
Donator

Flight Risk

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 27m 32s

• Previous username:
    pemis1

• Total level:
    Awards

As @Realmungard mentioned, killstreaks are mostly gathered from pvmers, skillers, clue hunters etc. Adding rewards for this behaviour would only lead to more pkers farming non-riskers, drawing them away from the wilderness.

However, reworking the kill streak system would benefit both pkers and pvmers. Giving pkers a challenge/reward and pvmers/skillers a place to boss.

My idea is: Only count towards your killstreak if the one you kills risk is high/very high. Shutting down other people’s killstreak will land you a greater reward than just a bonus % of pkp.

Keep in mind that I’m not a pker nor wildy enthusiast, but updating/reworking the killstreak system is needed to make pking other pkers more tempting than slaying low risk pvmers.

but if they arent risking theres no chance of ppl getting anything, there also should be a threshold to entering the wildy like there is for revs, its not fair how someone can 3 item a boss and risk absolutely nothing, the wildy is supposed to be a risk.

obddGsG.gif

Spoiler

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:04 AM #9

Veteran

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

Not sure how this would work, since I feel like 96% of everyone killstreak is off either revenant killers or chin hunter, anyone in general skilling/Pvm in wilderness. Not saying I am totally against this since the rewards what you said are balanced and not too expensive, as long if this was implemented gotta make sure rewards are balanced and someone can't just make bills with the system by killing people who risks less than 1m.  I also feel like if something new unique content were added to the wilderness it could make it popping again , sorry for the off-topic. but like I said as long it added properly not against this.

Posted 14 June 2021 - 08:36 AM #10

jalapeno
Legendary Donator

jalapeno

• Time spent:
      26d 5h 22m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

but if they arent risking theres no chance of ppl getting anything, there also should be a threshold to entering the wildy like there is for revs, its not fair how someone can 3 item a boss and risk absolutely nothing, the wildy is supposed to be a risk.

Of course wildy should be a risk. But atm it's only a risk for pvmers/skillers.

Solo pkers won't go into wildy because of clans spearing them into multi.

Pvmers/skillers won't risk anything since pkers bounty tele instantly to build up their killstreak and emblems. (Idk about emblems though since I don't pk)

Because alora wildy features bounty world benefits (teleport, emblems etc.), it has to be reworked in order for non-pk content to exist.

You sir, have to look past what only benefits you at this specific moment and suggest features that would benefit the wildy eco system as a whole, not just for clan stacking pkers.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

B2B

unknown.png

unknown.png

AmTqwRv.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

sisterfuckers.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Posted 14 June 2021 - 08:46 AM #11

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 19m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards
'highest active killstreaks to the wilderness scoreboard'​ - How about 'show location' or 'have a direct teleport' option to these active pkers. Not use it as a trophy to how many skillers has one killed. @Real alan
gotta make sure rewards are balanced and someone can't just make bills with the system by killing people who risks less than 1m. 

Having a public scoreboard is an easy first step we can take to prevent abuse of killstreak rewards.

I did not mean it as a trophy or bragging right.  Besides, while on killstreak, simple tasks in the wilderness become much more complicated.  You can't just run around naked in the wild doing clues or agility.  You're forced to take risk and play much more like a HCIM in PVP.

For that reason, I think it's only fair to give people with killstreaks a little more attention.

Also, before making any changes to killstreak rewards, I think we should discuss the current killstreak rewards.

At the moment, the only killstreak rewards are bloody keys, which are actually quite rare.

One way we can implement what @Yautja suggested is by factoring your killstreak into the bloody key drop rate off players.

Of course wildy should be a risk. But atm it's only a risk for pvmers/skillers.

As a player who has lost billions, PKing and PVMing in both singles and teams, I disagree.  I understand that you're coming from a pvm/skiller perspective, but I can assure you that any activity in the wild comes with a risk.  Team or no team.  All it takes is a disconnect, a client freeze, or a wrong-place-wrong-time...

749f0bf40a63abd6534ebc7e6cefd7fd-png.jpg

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 14 June 2021 - 10:28 AM #12

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 43 user(s)