Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: 

I believe that Realism Player should have the option do change to classic, as it feels like the natural option if they don't want to play the gamemode anymore.

Is this in OSRS?:

N/A

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

Highly doubt it

How would this benefit Alora?:

It would make people play on the account they love without being crippled with difficulties they absolutely didn't sign up for.

As it currently stands, Realism is nothing more than a bigger GIM gamemode, with the other 90% of players killing revenants.
The economy is ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED. Theres barely any endgame items circulating, and supplies cost fortunes. Some of the players that have ludicrous amounts of GP simply use it to swap, or try to.
I respect this grind a lot, and the difficulties only small amounts of players managed to overcome, but when I personally picked this gamemode I didn't sign up for GIM with very low XP rates. The challenge in the gamemode was the XP rate, not trading for items. I don't find it a challenge to pay 80-100K for a super restore, while not being able to sell me PvM drop, unless I accept votebooks/boosters.
My Suggestion is to have an option for whoever wants, to change to the classic gamemode. The economy will only become worse, so a bit of a hot take would be that it is time to merge the economies. That would be disrespectfull for any legends that managed have insanely good accounts on the respective gamemode, so for now I would be very happy with the option to remain on a low XP rate gamemode, where I don't have to get absolutelly robbed if I want to buy something, and look at my PvM drops die out in the trading post.
To sum it up, I signed up to grind it out on a very challenging XP rate, not a Very challenging trading  post. I have been through this with classic already, and I didn't sign up for that either.

A small example, not the best but you get the point:

iHg7hWt.png

jkAJXS8.png

g6JsB1t.png

^ In no way shape or form did a realism player sign up to get extorted for every item, or to have no endgame items availiable to buy/sell.

Much love and thank you for reading it.  <3 

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 22 August 2021 - 06:57 AM #2

GylleGris
Master Donator

GylleGris

• Time spent:
      8d 4h 14m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank God I'm a normie tbh.

• KP likes this

Vw6TNZX.png?width=676&height=676

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:04 AM #3

lNSOMNlA
Group Ironman

lNSOMNlA

• Time spent:
      19d 16h 33m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

Realism has become what GIM became after Kaamea happened. Seems only fair to be able to opt out of it

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:05 AM #4

Elite Scuba
Elite Ironman

Elite Scuba

• Time spent:
      7d 19h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

I have never had a Realism or Classic account so I can't weigh in too much. However, if the game mode is that broken then I believe at the minimum there should be some QOL improvements as the grind for realism is so tough and it'd be such a waste to just retire a account you put so much time into.

• KP likes this

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:46 AM #5

Realmungard
Realism

Realmungard
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      91d 12h 28m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

The problem is, that some people use it as a money cow. 

And I completely agree people should be able to go from realism to classic.

I personally play it as an ironman and just give my dupes away. And try to help newer players as much as I can. 

Fact remains that some people hype the mode to then farm the newbies through the trading post.

I dont think an eco merge isnt the play either. As I personally picked the mode for the extreme tedious and grindy nature, both in exp aswell as supplies.

A possible solution could be:

Adding atleast Prayer potions to the already excisting shops. Make them more expensive as normie mode. That way you atleast break the potion market as people would be able to get a decent amount of prayer pots to atleast get their accounts combat going (into seeds for farming and all that good stuff)

For me as an established player on realism getting potions isnt hard. Specially if you do some hydra/wildy bosses and raids. I personally never farmed and I got respectable stacks of potions and supplies. Which makes me feel as if its more of an early grind problem, rather than endgame. 

(Off topic, If you actually need help with supplies, feel free to pm i got alot more secondaries than i need. And I aint no gypsy fuck tryna stack gp on Real Ironmode)

PS. Try realism btw xD

Posted 22 August 2021 - 08:49 AM #6

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

The problem is, that some people use it as a money cow. 

And I completely agree people should be able to go from realism to classic.

I personally play it as an ironman and just give my dupes away. And try to help newer players as much as I can. 

Fact remains that some people hype the mode to then farm the newbies through the trading post.

I dont think an eco merge isnt the play either. As I personally picked the mode for the extreme tedious and grindy nature, both in exp aswell as supplies.

A possible solution could be:

Adding atleast Prayer potions to the already excisting shops. Make them more expensive as normie mode. That way you atleast break the potion market as people would be able to get a decent amount of prayer pots to atleast get their accounts combat going (into seeds for farming and all that good stuff)

For me as an established player on realism getting potions isnt hard. Specially if you do some hydra/wildy bosses and raids. I personally never farmed and I got respectable stacks of potions and supplies. Which makes me feel as if its more of an early grind problem, rather than endgame. 

(Off topic, If you actually need help with supplies, feel free to pm i got alot more secondaries than i need. And I aint no gypsy fuck tryna stack gp on Real Ironmode)

PS. Try realism btw xD

I am alright with supplies, just giving a few examples as to why having the option to move to classic would be a good idea. As it stands, I would enjoy it more. But defenitely giving players that option than merging the eco, its a lot less harsh.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 22 August 2021 - 10:06 AM #7

User

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      22d 4h 27m 28s

• Previous username:
    Le Bitch

• Total level:
    Awards

I think Omi needs to pull a poll for realism players only to actually find out how to move the game mode forward... I have never had realism as xp rates are too grindy, so only fair for there to be something for all realism to put their 2 pence in and Omi to actually act on the information given.

• KP likes this

Welcome to Aftermath!

Spoiler

Spoiler

DISCORD_BANNER.png?ex=6539c6a5&is=652751

Posted 22 August 2021 - 12:29 PM #8

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards
I support having the option to de-realism to classic mode. As you stated, it seems like the natural progression for those that decide they don't want to continue with the game mode any longer but still maintain a lower XP experience. That change seems like the best option to let players who don't wish to continue on realism join the normal economy without forcing change on those that want to continue playing Realism in its current state. 

As it stands, I don't think a poll for realism players to merge the economies would pass. My time playing realism was relatively brief, but I get the impression the majority of the active players want to keep things how they are and not go down the same road classic did a few years back.

Posted 22 August 2021 - 12:40 PM #9

Who is Ivy
Ironman

Who is Ivy

• Time spent:
      8d 18h 17m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think Omi needs to pull a poll for realism players only to actually find out how to move the game mode forward... I have never had realism as xp rates are too grindy, so only fair for there to be something for all realism to put their 2 pence in and Omi to actually act on the information given.

I completely agree with this. I think only realism players should be able to vote on this much like how OSRS polls are with UIM.
  • KP likes this
<p>Posted Image

Posted 22 August 2021 - 01:46 PM #10

strudelle
Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 11h 43m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards

i support having the option for realism to become classic player if ever they get bored of this game mode, sounds like the best option.

there should also be more shops with potion and supplies it would help alot, because i aint sure they will be doing anything for the eco part.

• KP likes this

Posted 22 August 2021 - 03:00 PM #11

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I think that the conclusion for this is the option to become a classic account wouldn't hurt anyone, merging the eco is a whole diff ball game.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 22 August 2021 - 03:37 PM #12

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 43m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards
The economy is ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED. Theres barely any endgame items circulating, and supplies cost fortunes. Some of the players that have ludicrous amounts of GP simply use it to swap, or try to. I respect this grind a lot, and the difficulties only small amounts of players managed to overcome, but when I personally picked this gamemode I didn't sign up for GIM with very low XP rates. The challenge in the gamemode was the XP rate, not trading for items. I don't find it a challenge to pay 80-100K for a super restore, while not being able to sell me PvM drop, unless I accept votebooks/boosters.

The economy is not absolutely destroyed.  It's fine the way it is.

There's a reason why super restores are expensive in the Trading Post.

Supply and demand.  If you think they are way too expensive, you're welcome to make some and throw them in the Trading Post cheaper than everyone else.

Hypothetically, it should be a good money maker.

The reason why you don't is the same reason why all the remaining super restores remain expensive.  Supply and demand.

Lots of demand for super restores.  Few willing to supply.

For example, if I sell 100 super restores, I need to be compensated for the time it takes me to gather supplies and make those 100 super restores.

I'm essentially selling my time.  

The price I select must be at minimum higher than the opportunity cost from thieving Cirdan in Priff for the same amount of time.

To keep it simple, the realism trading post is essentially a vending machine group bank.

Everything in there is meant to be overpriced.  If it wasn't overpriced, someone would likely have already bought it.

So it's an advertisement board...  Just because advertised prices are higher than normie, does not mean the economy is absolutely destroyed.

If you think about it, the realism economy is less problematic than the normie trading post.

On the normie trading post, the price of restores and brews is based on the purchase price from the NPC store.

If the TP price gets too high, players will just buy from the store, which has unlimited stock.

At least on Realism, the price is reflective of supply and demand.

On normie, the price is subsidized by omicron's food selling NPC.

Also, endgame items aren't available on the trading post.  Why?

Because if I invest 100 hours into doing 600 gauntlet runs to finally get an enhanced crystal seed... (which i still haven't btw)

I wouldn't put my seed in the TP for anything less than the value of 100 hours of my time.

So in conclusion, I support your suggestion to de-realism to classic, but I do not support your reasoning.

There's beauty in a true supply and demand trading post like we have on Realism.

Just because she doesn't look the way you want her to look... or like her normal twin... doesn't mean she's worsening.  

Lastly, regarding your PVM drops that you're struggling to sell, perhaps you should reduce your prices.

Once you consider the number of players that are also bringing in your PVM drops (supply)

and the number of new players that actually need the items (demand), it makes sense why your pvm items are harder to sell.

Take zulrah drops for example.  The barrier to entry is significantly lower than cerberus (1 slayer versus 90 slayer on a 2x game mode).

Once you have a blowpipe, you don't really need another.  

Therefor, you end up with more supply than demand, so you're forced to lower prices.

At least on realism, we dont have people opening ultimate mystery boxes and getting endgame items.

As a player doing TOB, would you rather play a game mode where TOB is the only supply of TOB drops or one where a third party could come in, swipe their credit cards, and spawn one out of a box.  That's up to you.  :ph34r:

If you think about it, realism endgame items are actually reflective of the work and time players have put in.

If the items aren't there... perhaps it just means players haven't put enough time into that content rather than "the eco is destroyed."

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 22 August 2021 - 03:56 PM #13

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

@Real Alan "Lastly, regarding your PVM drops that you're struggling to sell, perhaps you should reduce your prices.

Once you consider the number of players that are also bringing in your PVM drops (supply)

and the number of new players that actually need the items (demand), it makes sense why your pvm items are harder to sell.

Take zulrah drops for example.  The barrier to entry is significantly lower than cerberus (1 slayer versus 90 slayer on a 2x game mode).

Once you have a blowpipe, you don't really need another.  

Therefor, you end up with more supply than demand, so you're forced to lower prices."

cOSQhaU.png

Doesn't matter about the requirement, it just doesn't sell most of the time, and when it does, it rarely is for cash. If i play a gamemode that I trade, I should be able to grind X to buy Y if I dont want to grind Y. 

WygwZ9d.png this is my super restore stack, I dont have a need for them, I was just giving an example.

f9ffGhP.png These are your super restores, still sitting there. It is not hard to farm these like @Realmungard said, but I should have the option to buy someting I don't want to grind for, it doesn't matter what it is. There are multiple examples of this. How do i tell my friends that they should join this gamemode if they gotta pay 100k per potion? It doesnt look like theres a lot of demand for any item whatsoever. You grind something, you will keep it like your gauntlet grind and thats perfectly fine, but I should have the option to pay for an item that i dont want to grind for like any other gamemode that you can trade on. This is not ironman and shouldnt be treated as such.
The only people that unfortunately fall for this are the ones at revs or new players that get completely demolished by all the prices in the gamemode.
But yeah the simple solution is to add the option to go to classic, wouldn't hurt anyone.

EDIT: Those boots are TWENTY MILLION less than the only one on the trading post.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 22 August 2021 - 04:20 PM #14

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 43m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards
it just doesn't sell most of the time, and when it does, it rarely is for cash. If i play a gamemode that I trade, I should be able to grind X to buy Y if I dont want to grind Y. 

Maybe if you put in blowpipe for 10m, it would sell.  Actually, I'll be straight with you.  It 100% would sell.

How do I know?  Because I'd have bought it.

Eternal boots for 55m?  Maybe it would sell at 15m?   

Ultimately, it's how much you want to be compensated for the time it took you to get the drop.

These are your super restores, still sitting there.

Yeah, I sell super restores for 100k each.  If you want to be lazy and not make your own potions, I'm leaving you with an option to get them from me anytime.

Otherwise, you could always private message me and work out a homie deal.  No way in hell, I'm putting my homie prices on TP.

I should have the option to buy someting I don't want to grind for, it doesn't matter what it is.

You have the option to grind for something you want.  That's how RS works. 

You are occasionally granted the privilege to buy something you want off the trading post if someone else doesn't want it. 

But this isn't something that's guaranteed.

How do i tell my friends that they should join this gamemode if they gotta pay 100k per potion? It doesnt look like theres a lot of demand for any item whatsoever.

You tell them... hey bro I'll hook you up with the potions.  dont worry.  how hard is that?

There's plenty of demand for items.  You just dont see the trading post logs.  So you don't see what people are selling.

If you want to pay 20k for an uncut diamond, that's your choice.  Clearly there's a demand for items.

f8c43c821275b8b64b7f1d1abb997e4f.png

63a72a8ee33bce4353fd1c5ea52a445a.png

50c0113f4fff24008df950146a726d9d.png

Just because you have trouble making the sales/buys you want on the Realism TP, doesnt mean the economy is bad or that the TP is worsening.

That's what I'm trying to say. 

You can suggest a Trading Post log, so people see what sales are going on.  That's fine.

You can suggest de-realism to classic.  That's fine.

I just don't like people talking smack about realism's vending machine group bank.

Supply and demand is a beautiful thing if you give it a chance.

EDIT: Those boots are TWENTY MILLION less than the only one on the trading post.

That literally means nothing.  Just because it's 20m less than the only one on the trading post doesnt mean you're near the item's true value.

The items value is dependent on what the demand side is willing to pay.

If I have a tier 10 up for sale at 100m each, which I do, and you put one in for 80m.

It doesn't mean your tier 10 is cheap and should sell fast...

It also doesn't mean I've never made a sale at 100m each...

5e36927127abc523e4d6b81821f87a9e-png.jpg

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 22 August 2021 - 04:25 PM #15

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

You can even see who bought the uncut emeralds lol.
It is fine for you because you literally have a log to manipulate and control every price, hence why you dont want people to talk smack on it and something to be done about it my friend. It benefits you and a small group of very wealthy people, not the gamemode in general. It must be a lot of fun to define the price of things, but it shouldn't be a lot of fun to be a new player on the recieving end of it.

Edit: notice how you mention your time must be valued, but you told me to put my tier 91 slayer boots on the tp for 15M, HALF the price of your trident, and more than 3x less of your bandos items LOL.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 22 August 2021 - 04:47 PM #16

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards
As a currently demotivated realism player I share many of KP's grievances. The meta boils down to befriending and maintaining relationships with high level realists. This means players prioritise who they are "friends with" over skill, gametime, luck and many other factors.

Unlocking realism GIM bank is step #1, if you dont make high value friends you will progress exponentially slower than those who do which does little to help the small playerbase grow.

I think nothing shows this better than how KP is literally about to get merched on the forums to take his 55M 91 slayer cap item down to 15M which by the way is less than the price of 1k uncut rubies that are obtained in abundance in a variety of mid-end game content.
  • KP likes this

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 22 August 2021 - 05:04 PM #17

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 43m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

It is fine for you because you literally have a log to manipulate and control every price, hence why you dont want people to talk smack on it and something to be done about it my friend. It benefits you and a small group of very wealthy people, not the gamemode in general. It must be a lot of fun to define the price of things, but it shouldn't be a lot of fun to be a new player on the recieving end of it.  

I don't control prices mate.  I can only control the prices I am willing to let my items go for (as do you).

No one is saying you must buy my items.  I would actually encourage you not to buy my items.

Play it like an ironman and grind the items yourself, like the majority of players.

If you want an item I have for sale, you should message me and show me a more realistic offer.

If you think my prices are expensive, sell the same item at a lower price.

I'm not the one that sets the final price of an item.  That's up the buyer.

I'm just one of the few that's willing to supply.  

As a currently demotivated realism player I share many of KP's grievances. The meta boils down to befriending and maintaining relationships with high level realists. This means players prioritise who they are "friends with" over skill, gametime, luck and many other factors. Unlocking realism GIM bank is step #1, if you dont make high value friends you will progress exponentially slower than those who do which does little to help the small playerbase grow. I think nothing shows this better than how KP is literally about to get merched on the forums to take his 55M 91 slayer cap item down to 15M which by the way is less than the price of 1k uncut rubies that are obtained in abundance in a variety of mid-end game content.

I completely disagree with you.  There's nothing wrong with befriending and maintaining relationships with other players.

As a high level realism player, I try to make friends with any new realism player I come across–high level or not.

Doing things as a team is just in general faster than doing things alone.  No one is forcing you to do things as a team though.

Also regarding his eternal boots.  Just because he says its 55m doesnt mean it's actually worth 55m.

It's worth however much someone is willing to pay to not have to do cerberus and get their own.

If horus doesnt want to let his item sit in TP and sell over time, he's welcome to speed things up by reducing the price.

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 22 August 2021 - 05:07 PM #18

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't control prices mate.  I can only control the prices I am willing to let my items go for (as do you). No one is saying you must buy my items.  I would actually encourage you not to buy my items. Play it like an ironman and grind the items yourself, like the majority of players. If you want an item I have for sale, you should message me and show me a more realistic offer. If you think my prices are expensive, sell the same item at a lower price. I'm not the one that sets the final price of an item.  That's up the buyer. I'm just one of the few that's willing to supply.  

Yes you do control the prices:

Spoiler

"No one is saying you must buy my items.  I would actually encourage you not to buy my items" - that literally contradicts everything you said and the existance of a trading post.

" Play it like an ironman and grind the items yourself, like the majority of players." - That is literally the problem, this is not an ironman gamemode.

"If you think my prices are expensive, sell the same item at a lower price. I'm not the one that sets the final price of an item.  That's up the buyer. I'm just one of the few that's willing to supply." - that is literally how controlling an economy is defined, the small percentage of players that have most of the wealth will buy said items and put them back in for the ridiculous price. Mainly by helping players early on and then using them for your own benefit.

Judging by the replies from other players from here and my PM's , I am pretty sure the main flaws of the game have been identified, you just helped make the case. There is no point replying to it again, I think enough has been said and the issues with the games economy have been exposed enough. 

Just please give us the option to go to classic or make some changes to the way trading is done in this game, how to fix it I don't know, but going to classic would be a good Idea because as everyone can see, the game is being moulded after someones ideology, so is the economy. And no, I dont lack GP by any means, I just don't try to manipulate shit my way.
Thank you boys and sorry for this exchange, Just keep the topic going because I would really love to be able to buy something and feel like I am progressing on my account in terms of wealth, and not let my success and achievements on my account be determined by someone else.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 22 August 2021 - 05:23 PM #19

Dumb
Realism

Dumb

• Time spent:
      8d 22h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    iDumb

• Total level:
    Awards

An option to opt to classic is a solid idea, but just because people don't sell their end game gear and if they decide to want a big price because they're the only one selling it is kinda how any economy would work... it sucks but that's just how it is.

Posted 22 August 2021 - 05:24 PM #20

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 43m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards
Judging by the replies from other players from here and my PM's , I am pretty sure the main flaws of the game have been identified, you just helped make the case. There is no point replying to it again, I think enough has been said and the issues with the games economy have been exposed enough.  Just please give us the option to go to classic or make some changes to the way trading is done in this game, how to fix it I don't know, but going to classic would be a good Idea because as everyone can see, the game is being moulded after someones ideology, so is the economy. And no, I dont lack GP by any means, I just don't try to manipulate shit my way. Thank you boys and sorry for this exchange, Just keep the topic going because I would really love to be able to buy something and feel like I am progressing on my account in terms of wealth, and not let my success and achievements on my account be determined by someone else.

I think this post identifies your main flaws as well.

You come back to realism after a long break.  Find out you can't buy your way through.

Complain about how TP doesn't sell as fast as you're used to... how items don't have set prices...

So you try to get a suggestion passed to allow you to go to classic without transferring ranks, citing a bad eco as your primary reason.

Then when you get called out for your poor reasoning... you switch over to complaining about Alan's high prices and market manipulation.

Buying items and selling items is how an economy works bro.

Any player can sell any item for any price.  No one is forcing people to buy.

If you want to buy uncut diamonds at 20k each, that's on you.  That's not manipulation.

You... and no one else... decided your crafting experience and time was worth that amount.  

If I want to buy vote books on normie and sell them on realism, that's also not market manipulation.

Any realism player is welcome to do the same on normie. 

But if they're too lazy to... I just offer them an easier alternative.

Don't like my prices?  Don't buy from me.

The problem isn't me.  The problem isn't the realism economy.  The problem is you.

You don't want to grind.  You don't want to sell items cheaper.

Just keeping it real.

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 114 user(s)