RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Reduce the cost to fill the well + reduce the BXP time by 50%

Is this in OSRS?: N/A

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?: Increasing the cost to fill the well to act as a bigger GP sink has not worked fully as intended, people just do not contribute to the well half as much as they used to. Prior to the change, I would often drop 10-20m in the well, a couple of times a play session, now I know there is little point as the well is unlikely to get filled during the time I am online.

I would prefer to see the cost of filling the well reduced back down to 100m and then the BXP time dropped from 2 Hours down to 1 Hour.

This would lead to more players dropping "token" ammounts into the well ie 10m, and at a more constant pace due to the lessened active time and the lower ammount required to activate the well, which I believe would result in a greater ammount of GP being removed from the game than now with the well in its current state.

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 26 January 2023 - 12:10 PM #2

Krest
Veteran

Krest
Clan: PRE

• Time spent:
      56d 10h 35m

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, as someone who fills the well pretty consistently and see others do so too.

Posted 26 January 2023 - 01:13 PM #3

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, as someone who fills the well pretty consistently and see others do so too.

Just because you or some others fill the well on occasion still does not take away from my point that MUCH less GP is going into the well during the course of a day, and the well Is active far less.

I’ve been online most of the day today from 7am-3pm (UK time) while working, and I’ve seen the well active once I think?

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:48 PM #4

WakaWakavic
Extreme Donator

WakaWakavic

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 11m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support, 

Same value is achieved but more incentive for people to do it. Right now it heavily relies on someone putting 50m+ to even get it started and with current economy slowdown it's less and less likely.

Side note, if the well had a HP bar to show how much has been filled might get people to spend extra.

Posted 26 January 2023 - 05:45 PM #5

Realmungard
Realism

Realmungard
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      91d 12h 28m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think Changes below would be worth checking out first. 

1. Making it so all non normies get 3x the va lue for dropping items in

2. Make Well 250m 

3. Track what people toss in (Highscores)

Reasons to why.

1. Its supposed to be an item sink, its not supposed to be econ responsability to buy everyones dupes to sink them.

2. With 3x increase on ironmen/realism (all none normie/classic) (It would still fill alot faster and 250m makes it so certain items dont fill it with just 4 of them)

3. Right now people expect the eco players to buy out items to sink them for them. By making some highscores, it gives an extra flex to ironmen who sink items (People love flex' on alora)

But I personally really think it has been good that well values have been changed aswell as its increased value. The game really needs to start rinsing items. Cus thats the main problem atm, to much ironmen to the small normie population and there is just too much items comming in, its not even just a gp problem anymore, its just way too many items comming into normie without having the amount of people that even need those items. 

Posted 27 January 2023 - 03:07 PM #6

strudelle
Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 11h 43m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards

the well is now 4x more expensif than it was ( was 50m and now it is 200m )

i think we can easily says it is also 4x less on than it was.....maybe even more

can we really call the well a ''money sink/item sink'' atm? i don't think so since if its mostly never filled so we dont sink anything.

making it 100m (half the price) for half the time would change anything? aint sure about it

the raise of the well price was to drastic even if it was needed.

my opinion would be to lower it to 150m and keep the 2h. more time its filled,the more we get rid of some items and the most xp we can enjoy .

or

as @Realmungard said, raise the item price for ironman so instead of drop trading them we could throw in the well.

Posted 28 January 2023 - 05:12 PM #7

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 43m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards
Increasing the cost to fill the well to act as a bigger GP sink has not worked fully as intended

Got a question for you.  What would a fully functional, optimal-performing well look like?

Would it be filled all the time?  

Yes -> then it is not performing optimally -> it can still sink more gold

-> so you increase the cost of well (or shorten duration) -> causing more gold to be sunk -> eventually less gold will be available & well starts to go unfilled

-> so I'd argue an optimally performing well would not be filled all the time

optimal performance would be based on the amount of gold sunk per day

-> so what percentage (unfilled time / day) do we want to aim for?

-> which percentage would yield the highest amount of gold sunk?

-> say we want the well on 50% of the time, what is the community's willingness to pay for that bxp time?

-> what 'price per well fill' and what 'duration of well' would maximize amount of gold sunk per day?

It's very interesting which variables Omicron will mess with to optimize our well and balance the Alora economy.

Changes to the well affect the amount of gp in circulation, which impacts the general trend of item prices on Alora.  

Currently with more gold being sunk, I believe item prices have generally trended downwards (similar to deflation).

If we use that a judge, perhaps the well is performing better than before.

Now we just need to find the balancing percentage, price per well fill, and duration of well to make everyone happy.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 06 February 2023 - 05:57 PM #8

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 13h 17m 47s

• Total level:
    Awards

I would say most people want the well to last more time rather than less, so I don't think reducing the bonus experience is a good solution. Regardless, we've reduced the price to 150m, a shock at first but people will very quickly adjust (if they haven't already). Not only that, but the gp sunk will be used to purchase items directly from the trading post to increase the value of many pvm items, whereas previously that money would just be deleted.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 55 user(s)