Real Alan

Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 13h 36m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

*This post excludes PVP weapons.  We can save that for another discussion.

1. The cost to charge PVP armors is currently unaffordable 

Currently, it costs 2 PKP for each charge on each PVP armor.  This cost is, in my opinion, way too high.  To put that into perspective for players who don't use PVP armors, think of charges on bracelets of ethereum.  250 charges (from uncharging 1 bracelet) nullifies all revenant damage and last for 250 hits.  To get 250 charges on any PVP armor, that would cost a player 500 pkp.  If a player were using a set (3 pieces), that cost would jump to 1500 pkp.  For reference, a Tier 8 emblem only grants 1382 pkp.  Furthermore, tanking multiple entities, like in wilderness slayer or in unfortunate situations in PVP, causes the charges to drain proportionately faster.  In addition, many players who receive these armors as drops can't even afford to use them, since they now come completely uncharged.  

2. PVP armor use should be encouraged in the wilderness

PVP armors are made for the wilderness.  We should be encouraging their use like how we do with revenant weapons (mace, bow, and sceptre).  Personally, I would like PVP armors (not including weapons) to be affordable for use in both wilderness PVM and PKP.  What do you think?

3. New suggested cost to charge

I would recommend the new cost to charge be changed to 10 charges per PKP (as opposed to 1 charge per 2 PKP).  This seems like a more reasonable cost, but further testing would be needed.  What cost would you support?

4. Vary cost to charge by game mode? 

Normies have a major advantage in the wilderness.  They not only level up faster, but also have access to the PKP store as a source of equipment.  Harder game modes do not have this luxury.  Perhaps we could give harder game modes a lower cost to charge to even out the playing field a tiny, tiny bit.

5. On a scale of 1-10, how useful do you think PVP armors are currently?  (1 = junk/can't use)

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:02 PM #2

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. I think 1500 is reasonable. + Skotzio is almost always despawning without being killed and he is a really good source of emblems.

And when it comes to your 4th point, if it's going to decrease it should only be done for ironman modes since they can't buy emblems. And thats a big IF. i'm completely against changing these sort of stuff in favor of game mode variation. You chose a certain game mode for the challenge it brings.

And i'd give them a 4 when it comes to usefulness thats just my opinion though, i think people could do without them.

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753 Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1bSnK

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:08 AM #3

Real Alan

Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 13h 36m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. I think 1500 is reasonable. + Skotzio is almost always despawning without being killed and he is a really good source of emblems.

And when it comes to your 4th point, if it's going to decrease it should only be done for ironman modes since they can't buy emblems. And thats a big IF. i'm completely against changing these sort of stuff in favor of game mode variation. You chose a certain game mode for the challenge it brings.

And i'd give them a 4 when it comes to usefulness thats just my opinion though, i think people could do without them.

As the bane of Skotizo's existence (with 573 kills), I can assure you that Skotizo is definitely not "almost always despawning without being killed."  To be honest, I'm not even sure how you can tell Skotizo has despawned without being killed unless you were literally standing next to Skotizo watching it.  Any experienced slayer of the mighty Skotizo is aware that Skotizo only drops up to Tier 6 emblems.  If you were wearing vesta top and bottom at Skotizo, the Tier 6 emblem would likely not even grant you enough PKP to keep your armor charged for the duration of the fight.  Furthermore, you still need to account for the addition charges consumed by crystal demon hits and hits from other players.  Think about it.  The person with the most Skotizo kills would definitely have quite a few emblems.  If even he can't afford to charge his PVP gear, perhaps something is wrong.

Lastly, I'm curious what you mean by "people can do without them."  Have you personally used a PVP armor after the update?  It's too late to remove them from the game, so why not make the game more fun by giving them a use worthy of their 70-100m value (items kept on death interface).  I don't want to make any assumptions here, but it almost seems like you intentionally want these items to be too costly for everyone to use, because that evens the playing field for players like you (who have no intentions of ever using PVP armors).  You said it yourself, you don't like game mode variation and you choose a certain game mode for the challenge it brings.  I'd urge you to reconsider your position on the matter for just that reason.  You should support this cause because it improves the overall game experience.  Yes it may be a disadvantage to ironmen like yourself, since you can't trade for these armors, but that seems like a challenge you willingly accepted when you selected the game mode.  The suggestions made in this post are aimed at rightfully changing PVP armors from items "you could do without" to the items to be sought after.  If others agree or disagree feel free to respond.  

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:05 AM #4

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Real Alan I'll take your arguments point by point. 

As the bane of Skotizo's existence (with 573 kills), I can assure you that Skotizo is definitely not "almost always despawning without being killed."  To be honest, I'm not even sure how you can tell Skotizo has despawned without being killed unless you were literally standing next to Skotizo watching it.  Any experienced slayer of the mighty Skotizo is aware that Skotizo only drops up to Tier 6 emblems.  If you were wearing vesta top and bottom at Skotizo, the Tier 6 emblem would likely not even grant you enough PKP to keep your armor charged for the duration of the fight.  Furthermore, you still need to account for the addition charges consumed by crystal demon hits and hits from other players.  Think about it.  The person with the most Skotizo kills would definitely have quite a few emblems.  If even he can't afford to charge his PVP gear, perhaps something is wrong.

When it comes to Skotizo despawning in my own experience i've done Skotizo on my own without anyone showing up multiple times (Server spawn Skots).

And i don't think a single emblem should charge your armor for obvious reasons. And with a KC of only 17 skots, i've claimed today around 8k PKP all are emblems from Skots. So you with a 573 kc should never be facing this problem

Lastly, I'm curious what you mean by "people can do without them."  Have you personally used a PVP armor after the update?  It's too late to remove them from the game, so why not make the game more fun by giving them a use worthy of their 70-100m value (items kept on death interface).  I don't want to make any assumptions here, but it almost seems like you intentionally want these items to be too costly for everyone to use, because that evens the playing field for players like you (who have no intentions of ever using PVP armors).  You said it yourself, you don't like game mode variation and you choose a certain game mode for the challenge it brings.  I'd urge you to reconsider your position on the matter for just that reason.  You should support this cause because it improves the overall game experience.  Yes it may be a disadvantage to ironmen like yourself, since you can't trade for these armors, but that seems like a challenge you willingly accepted when you selected the game mode.  The suggestions made in this post are aimed at rightfully changing PVP armors from items "you could do without" to the items to be sought after.  If others agree or disagree feel free to respond.  

What i meant with "people can do without them" is that they aren't a necessity, other alternatives exists such as Bandos armor which is the most used by players. If you want the extra bonuses they come with a price, the extra bonuses making them "Worthy".

And you misinterpreted me, no i don't 'intentionally want these items to be too costly for everyone to use, because that evens the playing field for players like me' I could say the same about you and say you want the cost reduced just cause you happen to own and like using them, and no i'm not against game mode variation i'm against giving them an advantage just cause they have a challenge. How's it a challenge if you gonna give me advantages to make it easier for me?. If you can't grind on an ironman just be a normie and buy everything you want. see my point?. Yes it's a challenge i willingly accepted and if i ever happen to own any of the PVP armors i am willing to pay 1500 to fully charge them just like any other game mode. I don't want a discount.

I hope  got my point across. 

Just save your emblems from Skots and claim them on a PKP bonus day with the use of votebook PKP bonus.

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753 Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1bSnK

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM #5

Real Alan

Realism

Real Alan

• Time spent:
      68d 13h 36m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Just to be clear.  It costs 10k PKP to fully charge 1 piece of PVP equipment not 1.5k.  All of your Skotizo kills wouldn't fully charge 1 piece of PVP equipment.  Furthermore, claiming emblems on bonus PKP day doesn't give you any bonus PKP. 

rCjd36m.gif

Community Awards

Spoiler

Content

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:08 AM #6

Iron goobe
User

Iron goobe
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      1d 13h 20m 49s

• Total level:

Like 4/5 charges per PKP seems more reasonable.

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:47 PM #7

erif
Group Ironman

erif
Clan: Redwing Brothers

• Time spent:
      4h 50m 1s

• Total level:

They are too high support

erif :idkman:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 83 user(s)