Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

[29/3/20] Slayer rework, Nightmare loot buff, Firelighters + Phoenix recolours & more!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:46 AM #41

Fe hash
Ironman

Fe hash

• Time spent:
      18d 22h 23m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Amazing update !

Thank you again and again.

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:12 AM #42

Real Vikings
Banned

Real Vikings

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 23m 11s

• Previous username:
    Real Tyrants

• Total level:
    Awards

Please revert the changes to slayer and agility, and by agility i dont even mean the marks, i mean the falador course, remove it, for some reason and i know of one or two others, the course is rather buggy when it comes to deadclicks, there are people that are having no issues, but to those who are... its so demotivating, like i said previously on the other post the concepts were nice and i love the store, but some people donated specifically for free skips, and i myself dont see myself training agility when right now as much as 7-8/10 of my clicks arnt regerstering. please revert and bring this back in the future.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:25 AM #43

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Blackpoiint 

Great update, except for the removal of the slayer skips. Besides the fact a lot of people donated irl money just for the free skips, we are missing a point here.

The point everyone is missing, is that maxed mains will do gargoyles, nechryaels or bloodvelds for instance at OSRS, and even extent them, because of the good money you'll get from them. In Alora, you won't even pick up 95% of their drops because the 400k in alchs won't make up for the time spent to do the task. This is literally the only reason people do tasks like those. Noone in Alora does those for the drops. 

This is just hugely out of balance right now, we do want to be as close to OSRS as possible, but we can't achieve that at all with our economy at the moment. 

If we really want to be as close to OSRS as possible, please reconsider stuff like permanent drop boosters (up to 17%!) from the higher donator ranks too. Or what about up to 7 raid drops per raid. If there's something OP, that's gotta be that. Oh and don't get me started about the 30 min inferno runs immortals are able to do :kek: That's nowhere close to OSRS.

This update isn't about the slayer skill itself, it's about the whole experience in Alora. Think of bossing, grinding for items/pets etc etc.

Please just reconsider taking away the free slayer task skip perk.

I strongly agree!  Drop boosters don't exist on OSRS.  Gear, stats, grind, and equal RNG determined drops.  It's this common ground that fosters healthy competition and growth among players.  On Alora, especially at raids, I get the feeling that donor rank has much more influence on drops than gear, stats, and time invested.  Personally, I'm a super donor that's 91 cox completely dry and I raid with dragon hunter crossbow and lance.  My point here is if Alora's goal is be like OSRS, I can get behind removing the free slayer skip perk.  However, that's not the only perk that needs to go.  Like blackpoint said, 7 raid drops/raid is a much larger deviation from OSRS, especially when you look at the difference in cox drop rate between high and low/non donors.  If emulating OSRS is truly the goal, perhaps it's time to prioritize and rework donor ranks and perks.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:21 AM #44

Moe
Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      247d 10h 43s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

Amazing fucking work dads, love the amount of QoL and bug fixes. <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:25 AM #45

Mewtwo
Veteran

Mewtwo

• Time spent:
      157d 20h 10m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great work as always Omicron. :)

Part of Alora's Dream Staff Team

Oldschool Inc.

classic_large.png Classic Mew 1.2/4.6B

hcim.png Death Loc

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:40 AM #46

Walkingalone
Ironman

Walkingalone

• Time spent:
      5h 37m 30s

• Total level:

I literally paid £50 for nothing...

The only reason I actually donated £50 was the get the super rank to then unlock the skip slayer task perk. I've now lost a big amount of my points and now my rank is practically useless. Not very happy, just like a lot of other players that are in the same boat as I.

Dont forget this is a rsps not osrs! You seem to be wanting to make it more like osrs which players do not want, they join this server to get anyway from the grind (maybe not the classic/realism players) and enjoy a fast game pace.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:42 AM #47

KarensFatAss
User

KarensFatAss
Clan: None

• Time spent:
      9d 19h 36m 54s

• Previous username:
    Pinche GIM

• Total level:

this is an eh update. server is becoming more of a grind each update. almost time to go back to osrs at this point lmao

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:00 PM #48

NoFlaw
Donator

NoFlaw

• Time spent:
      8h 22m 11s

• Total level:
Ohhhh this is FANTASTIC❤️
91 dry? Man... that’s rough

@Blackpoiint 

I strongly agree!  Drop boosters don't exist on OSRS.  Gear, stats, grind, and equal RNG determined drops.  It's this common ground that fosters healthy competition and growth among players.  On Alora, especially at raids, I get the feeling that donor rank has much more influence on drops than gear, stats, and time invested.  Personally, I'm a super donor that's 91 cox completely dry and I raid with dragon hunter crossbow and lance.  My point here is if Alora's goal is be like OSRS, I can get behind removing the free slayer skip perk.  However, that's not the only perk that needs to go.  Like blackpoint said, 7 raid drops/raid is a much larger deviation from OSRS, especially when you look at the difference in cox drop rate between high and low/non donors.  If emulating OSRS is truly the goal, perhaps it's time to prioritize and rework donor ranks and perks.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:01 PM #49

Iron joao
User

Iron joao

• Time spent:
      4d 8h 37m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

much thanks for the update!

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:07 PM #50

Bad Behavior
Legendary Donator

Bad Behavior

• Time spent:
      17d 23h 56m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Solid update! Thanks Omi 

7e2BlNv.gif

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:12 PM #51

broy00
Super Donator

broy00

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 37m 51s

• Total level:
Good job guys

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:32 PM #52

P0P SM0KE
Uber Donator

P0P SM0KE

• Time spent:
      2d 50m 29s

• Previous username:
    Verticle

• Total level:
    Awards

not a fan having to constantly waste 30 slayer points just to get more hard tasks with a chance of a boss

Couldn't agree more.. I feel like if we wanted this we'd go play OSRS.

q12.png

q14.png

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:31 PM #53

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

Quite a bittersweet set of updates if I do say so myself. Thanks for the updates.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:53 PM #54

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 35m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the update Omicron!  It must have taken you hours and hours to get all of this done, so I really appreciate all the hard work you put in.  Here's my feedback:

• In this update, you claim that daily tasks would not be reset after rebooting the server.  This was not fixed.  After the updated was rolled out my daily tasks changed and then changed again after the 2nd reboot.
  • Thank you for addressing the green d'hide (t) / terrorbird wing&nbsp; and lumberjack storage issue.  All fixed!  Good work!
  • Thank you for addressing the 15 konar tasks in slayer tower achievement.  Much needed!
  • You removed complete 1 raids from easy daily tasks to help new players maintain their streaks.  However, they're still showing up in medium and hard tasks.  Since players must complete all 3 daily tasks to maintain their streaks, removing the complete 1 raids task from the easy category does very little to help new players streak.  Rather than try to help new players maintain streaks, I think it would be more beneficial to reduce the price of some of the beginner items in the daily task shop such as tome of fire.
  • Thank you for updating trident of the swamp!&nbsp; Will the same fix be coming to the sanguinesti staff?
  • -Thank you for addressing the preserve prayer issue.&nbsp; However, could you clarify how preserve works?  Does it just need to be on for 1 prayer point drain before you drink your potion to get the 50% longer effect?  Will turning off preserve after drinking the potion, cancel the 50% longer effect?
  • Will the dragon hunter lance be included in the spear combat style fixes?
  • As for the slayer update, I appreciate the good intentions, but I think it should have been released in a separate update rather than clumped in with a bunch of bug and quality of life fixes.  For one, the slayer rework has a lot of room for improvement.  Removing free skips essentially removes the main perk of donating $50 - $249.  With this update players are pushed towards donating just $10 or $250+. For that reason, I would suggest reworking the donor rank cutoffs to be slightly lower and adding in additional perks to make up for the ones removed.  I would also suggest dividing the cost of slayer perks/extensions by 4.  It's only fair because all of our slayer points were divided by 4.
  • Lastly, I appreciate the flames of zamorak fix on the staff of the dead; however, I think an autocast function for each of the god spells on their respective staves would be much more beneficial to game quality of life

Just to address some of your points, the daily tasks needed to be reset since this was the first time they started saving (The bug always occurred on reboots, so this should be the last time they reset). The Sanguinesti staff will be updated as well, I'm assuming it uses the same interface as tridents but I'll take a deeper look when I get the chance. The preserve prayer should more or less work like it does in OSRS now, meaning it just needs to be on for 1 prayer point drain before the timer to drain your stats is cycled (this is every minute, so you may need to time this to keep your boost at max). I don't believe the Dragon hunter lance was included, however I'll add it when I get the chance. As for slayer, we're making the necessary changes to the donator skip perk tonight. The slayer points were divided by 4, along with the shop prices to scale properly with the new point system (since players used to earn more points, we needed to make things cheaper by comparison), which means that we won't be dividing the cost of slayer perks/extensions by 4.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:58 PM #55

skt faker
User

skt faker

• Time spent:
      48d 8h 21m 28s

• Previous username:
    ThotGreegree

• Total level:
    Awards

epic updates!

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:28 PM #56

CronLad
Veteran

CronLad
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      34d 12h 33m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

It shouldn't be only immortals that get any perk for slayer when it used to affect all of the way down to super

6O8kkEq.png?1

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:30 PM #57

Cuatroveinte
Ironman

Cuatroveinte

• Time spent:
      1d 19h 53m 59s

• Total level:

Awful slayer update, it used to be fun and quick now is garbage. You ruining your own server bruh, open your eyes.

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:59 AM #58

Flight Risk
Donator

Flight Risk

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 27m 32s

• Previous username:
    pemis1

• Total level:
    Awards

holy, great update! its massive! very much needed bug fixes too.

obddGsG.gif
Signature by - @Sunnilail98

Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:36 AM #59

Keja
Extreme Donator

Keja

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 41m 54s

• Total level:

I love this server but it just seems like you're trying to make it like OSRS. The reason I play on here was to enjoy the quicker gameplay and less grindy aspects. Now everything is becoming more grind based and makes me wonder why I continue playing on the server and why I just don't go back to OS... 

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:57 AM #60

Endeavor
Veteran

Endeavor
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      79d 5h 27m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hot damn! It's updates like this that bring ol' timers back! The amount of work on this list is incredible. I just returned from a decent hiatus (mostly due to 2fa laziness) and I can't wait to check this out. Great work.

71sZDed.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 941 user(s)