Tauri
Clan: ESTSOF

• Time spent:
      116d 9h 53m 25s

• Previous username:
    Not Tauri

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello, it is me again. This time I am going to reply to the topic author with a perfected mechanic of his own, which is taking one or two sentences out of someones post and then replying to those:

"If you want to sell gear to each other, that's what Realism is for. " - except there is about 20 active players within the entire game mode

"Realism was released in 2019 with a separate eco, but it still made sense to some of you guys to support making radical changes." - I thought this thread was about Ironman integrity

"What's wrong?  Can't handle a different perspective?  This is a discussion thread so I'm encouraging you to talk.  Why make this personal?" - nobody has made it personal, only person wanting to make it personal is you with those 2 past topics you have created, trying to become some sort of a martyr and explaining your loss of veteran rank with those two topics, which are definitely not the case.

"Imagine buying a GIM/EIM tbow.  You would need to provide the 2x GIM removal tickets (2x250 tokens) + pay the person who sold you the GIM tbow." - you forgot to add the 20+ day waiting timer

"Great!  Now you know how the Realists felt when the staff & non-realism players started a suggestion + vote to merge a game mode they don't play." - why make this personal? this thread is about ironmen integrity, the feelings of realism players are supposedly irrelevant when it comes to ironmen modes.

"Flip that around.  I'm not willing to try gim right now because the gim integrity is fucked... but hey... if you fix it... I'll promise to play." - okay i flipped it around and i still have hard time to care about it because i communicate with my group as intended, not hoping for influx of realism players in order to have some sort of a marketplace.

It is not even funny, how you are pointing out the realism topic, which has been in the history books for couple of months, several times. This just shows that you are still pissed about that topic and tryna create unnecessary attention within the forums. You aren't doing your reputation a favour with that, in fact your reputation is that frog in the well you talked about.

Please come to a common sense and stop aggravating yourself with those discussions. You make it personal for yourself, and to nobody else. Have a great day!

CAQfOl.gif

Promoted to Server Support - 5/07/2022

Promoted to Server Moderator - 24/07/2022

Promoted to Forum Moderator - 28/08/2022

Promoted to Global Moderator - 02/10/2022

Promoted to Event Manager - 01/12/2022

Posted 08 February 2023 - 12:30 PM #22

Real Alan

Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 51m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards
"If you want to sell gear to each other, that's what Realism is for. " - except there is about 20 active players within the entire game mode

Why does the 20 active players matter?  Doesn't make my statement any less true. 

GIM should not be selling items across the entire GIM economy.  There shouldnt even be a GIM economy.

"Realism was released in 2019 with a separate eco, but it still made sense to some of you guys to support making radical changes." - I thought this thread was about Ironman integrity

It's to point out the hypocrisy.  People will use 'its been that way since 2019' to justify leaving GIM the way it is, but argue to merge realism ecos despite 'realism having been that way since 2019."  

"Flip that around.  I'm not willing to try gim right now because the gim integrity is fucked... but hey... if you fix it... I'll promise to play." - okay i flipped it around and i still have hard time to care about it because i communicate with my group as intended, not hoping for influx of realism players in order to have some sort of a marketplace."

Imagine a player starts game discussion about issues with nightmare/tob drop rate and ironman integrity -> then staff make this personal -> by questioning my character (do you need someone to talk to?) -> no shit I need someone to talk to -> hence the fucking public discussion thread -> unless you got something to say about the game discussion -> personal comments about the writer should be kept to a minimum

"Imagine buying a GIM/EIM tbow.  You would need to provide the 2x GIM removal tickets (2x250 tokens) + pay the person who sold you the GIM tbow." - you forgot to add the 20+ day waiting timer"

GIM items shouldn't be traded across a GIM eco.  There's a blatant integrity issue here.  A 20 day cooldown for the ability to purchase an entire GIM bank is like a little time out for cheating the entire integrity of ironman.

"Great!  Now you know how the Realists felt when the staff & non-realism players started a suggestion + vote to merge a game mode they don't play." - why make this personal? this thread is about ironmen integrity, the feelings of realism players are supposedly irrelevant when it comes to ironmen modes. 

I didn't make this personal.  If I made it personal -> I would be saying something about Brambo, the player.

Instead, I kept it on topic.  Stating that his reasoning (that I should just stick to realism and leave EIM/GIM alone) is exactly how a lot of Realism players felt when ironmen tried to outvote and merge all we have worked for.

"Flip that around.  I'm not willing to try gim right now because the gim integrity is fucked... but hey... if you fix it... I'll promise to play." - okay i flipped it around and i still have hard time to care about it because i communicate with my group as intended, not hoping for influx of realism players in order to have some sort of a marketplace.

Wow!  That's exactly how realists felt when staff members tried to argue "Realism is too hard for new players.  Make it easier and we promise we will play. 

We literally dont care.  We communicate as intended.  Not hoping for an influx of normie players on realism in order to have some sort of marketplace.  Why?  we already have a working marketplace. 

Meanwhile, on GIM many of you have openly admitted the GIM integrity is currently fucked.

It is not even funny, how you are pointing out the realism topic, which has been in the history books for couple of months, several times. This just shows that you are still pissed about that topic and tryna create unnecessary attention within the forums. You aren't doing your reputation a favour with that, in fact your reputation is that frog in the well you talked about.

Why can't I point out the realism topic?  

It's a discussion and I am free to discuss any recent events.

If staff can strip my veteran rank on January 30th for something that happened in December (without providing any evidence), I can continue to discuss the implications of a realism merge (also happened in December). 

By the way, check out the staff replies -> you guys fail to discuss the topic without making this about Alan 

Why can't you guys just disagree on the game content without making personal attacks on the writer?

Btw, you're using the frog in the well analogy wrong.

A frog in a well is someone who has seen very little, yet makes big claims about the world.

I know this game far better than most, and I'm not scared to formulate my own opinions and share them with the community.

I want my reputation to be someone who always speaks his mind. 

I refuse to be a sheep, ignoring integrity/drop rate issues and going with the crowd just because that's the way it's always been.

I am a realist, and I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 08 February 2023 - 12:32 PM #23

Memento Mori
Group Ironman

Memento Mori
Clan: Materialism as a Means to an End

• Time spent:
      68d 18h 40m 22s

• Previous username:
    Smope Jr

• Total level:
    Awards

Can we atleast still buy GIM gf?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Community awards

Spoiler

Posted 08 February 2023 - 02:36 PM #24

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      49d 6h 57m 28s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards
The GIM/EIM trading issue has been mentioned before and attempts at restrictions have been made.
If there’s a will, there’s a way - people will always buy/sell to gain an advantage. As with any MMORPG ever to exist.

The cry of ‘merge iron/normie’ just seems like your attempt at aggravating people.

There’s no need to call out people for their own perspectives and as you mentioned ‘ What's wrong? Can't handle a different perspective?’
As Ivy stated, if you have a reasonable and appropriate suggestion, no flame bait, then head to the suggestions thread and have a reasonable discussion.

Just going to leave it at that.
I hope everyone enjoy’s their day and gl on grinds.

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 08 February 2023 - 03:30 PM #25

Kyle
Administrator

Kyle

• Time spent:
      148d 9h 27m

• Previous username:
    Ky

• Total level:
    Awards

I am going to go ahead and lock this before it gets out of hand - again. In future let's keep to civilised discussions, instead of passive aggressive ones.

Feel free to PM me if needed. 

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 140 user(s)